Why invest in Mueller Industries?
We are a leader in our key products and markets
- Diversified portfolio of products that serve large and critical end markets
- Balanced exposure to residential, commercial and repair & remodel markets
- Global sales and distribution network utilizing multiple channels to distribute our products
|Region||Percentage of Net Sales|
|End Market||Percentage of Net Sales|
|Building Construction - Plumbing||48%|
|Building Construction - HVAC||25%|
|Building Construction - Commercial Refrigeration||11%|
(1) Consolidated net sales for the full year ended December 25, 2021. End market breakdown based on management's internal estimates.
We are aligned to favorable global macro trends
- Positive long-term U.S. outlook
- Residential construction: demand driven by underbuilding since the Great Recession
- Commercial construction: demand driven by post-pandemic recovery
- Positive long-term demand drivers worldwide
- Increasing energy efficiency, air filtration, safe drinking/anti-microbial applications and water conservation standards
- Clean water piping systems and climate control systems in emerging markets
- Food preservation and last-mile refrigerated transportation
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Principal raw material, copper, is 100% recyclable
- Large percentage of metal forming production utilizes recycled copper or brass scrap
We provide long-term, sustainable shareholder returns
- Industry leading returns on equity (38%²) and return on average invested capital (44%²)
- Balanced capital allocation strategy; prioritize re-investment in operations and strategic growth acquisitions
- Strong track record of growth and value creation through acquisition and geographical expansion
- Entrance into value-added markets drives further growth opportunities
We are profitable and resilient throughout all business cycles
- Profitable and cash generative each year since 1992
- 29-year track record of positive earnings and operating cash flows
- Have paid regular quarterly cash dividends for 18 consecutive years without reduction or suspension
For more information, view our latest Investor Presentation.
1 - United States market sizes per IBIS industry reports.
2 - For the trailing twelve months ended September 24, 2022.